NEW Story: The Greek
I’m Hobart, and I’m the creator of this place. I’ve been drawing Vekllei for a few years now, and I love doing it.
To celebrate 3,000 members, use this as a cosy thread/AMA to settle in, and have any questions you might have about the project answered.
For those who are new, I encourage you to read the posts pinned to the top of the subreddit for a crash course in what’s going on here.
For longtime friends, come say hi! This is a party thread, whoo!
- Vekllei is a country set in what we know as Iceland, in an alternate vision of the future.
- It’s my utopia, which means it’s an expression of everything I value in life, the good and the bad.
- I draw all sorts of things, and write about all sorts of topics — all set in Vekllei or other countries. It’s slowly becoming a comprehensive utopia, filling in everything from economics to love stories to metaphysics and espionage. You’ll notice the scope shift a lot in my posts.
- The project has a comic being worked on, available to my patrons as an ongoing series of drafts at the moment. Otherwise, “Vekllei” is what you see here — a collection of posts that are snapshots of the world. It doesn’t have an end goal, it’s just what I like to do.
- Every post I have ever made, plus an expanding collection of wiki articles about this project, can be found at my website: millmint.net
Thank you sincerely for paying attention and caring for my work. It’s a wonderful thing we’ve got going here.
Join the Patreon